We are currently focusing on:
- Reviewing the lost ways in Toddington and surrounds which need to be claimed by 2026
- Reviewing what changes we would like to see to improve the local rights of way – an aspirational maps in being drafted
- Preparing a response to several planning applications, including:
- Considering Proposed changes to the Public Rights of Way (PRoW) network
Terms of Reference
We work together to create a joined up and safe network of Rights of Way around the local parishes to enable non-motorised users to have safe, accessible circular routes on bridleways, byways and quiet roads.
- The group is intended to be an open forum for discussions on how Rights of Way, especially off-road access, can be improved and its coverage increased and made safer for all non-motorised users including
- Walkers (incl. dog walkers)
- Carriage Drivers
- It will encourage inclusive behaviour from each of the user groups so that Rights of Way can be shared with courtesy and respect.
- The geography covered by the group includes Toddington and the neighbouring parishes of:
- Milton Bryan
- Houghton Regis (rural side)
- The Forum will meet once a month usually first Wednesday and consist of interested parties representing all user groups. The purpose of the group is to
- Investigate opportunities for higher rights of way to be instigated on the Definitive Map
- Publicise the aims of the group through local media
- Review planning applications that may be opportunities or threats to rights of way
- Work with landowners and developers for improvements to the Public Rights of Way network
- Illicit support (including financial) from other local interested parties, including Central Bedford Council, local Parish Councils, Bedfordshire Rural Communities Charity and the Greensand Trust.